Assault and Aggravated Assault Lawyer
Carl Anderson Is One of The Most Trustworthy Aggravated Assault Defense Attorneys Practicing in Salt Lake City
Assault and aggravated assault are the legal terms for willfully and intentionally inflicting harm on another human being. The difference between the two is simple. Aggravated assault involves a deadly weapon, whereas assault does not. Penalties for assault charges vary depending on the severity of the assault and the extent of the injuries suffered by the victim, but those penalties are always very serious. If you or a loved one faces such charges, do not attempt to resolve the issue without the help of an experienced criminal defense lawyer who practices in the jurisdiction where those charges were filed. If that jurisdiction falls in Utah, Colorado or Nebraska, contact the Law Offices of Carl N. Anderson, III, PLLC.
What Specifically Constitutes Assault Or Aggravated Assault?
Assault is a very serious violent crime. Some might even classify it behind only manslaughter and murder in terms of the most serious violent crimes.
- The intentional causation of bodily harm to another person
- Touching another person in a way that causes harm
- Harming a person through the act of entering that person’s home without permission
- Entering the home of another person without permission with the intent to cause harm to someone in that home
Aggravated Assault Encompasses:
All of the same elements also apply to aggravated assault, with a few additional criteria:
- The use of a deadly weapon in an attempt to seriously injure someone
- Purposely causing a serious injury to someone through the use of a deadly weapon
Penalties for Assault and Aggravated Assaults
As they are serious charges, assault and aggravated assault carry serious penalties. In most jurisdictions, conviction on charges of assault or aggravated assault results in:
- Mandated anger management counseling
- The loss of the legal right to own weapons
Salt Lake City Assault Lawyer Can Defend You Against Serious Charges
At the Law Offices of Carl N. Anderson, III, PLLC, we understand the tactics and strategies that aggravated assault lawyers often use to disprove allegations of such crimes. Defense tactics can include, but need not be limited to proving:
- Motivation toward self-defense, defense of others or defense of property
- A lack of practical threat in the action
- Insufficient evidence
- Unfounded fear
Salt Lake City Criminal Defense Lawyers Fighting To Protect Your Rights
Licensed to practice in Utah, Nebraska and Colorado, Carl N. Anderson, III is an experienced and trustworthy criminal defense attorney who prides himself on mounting strong, ethical legal defenses. Let him provide a free consultation on your case. Contact at (801) 997-9534 today.
Get your questions answered – Call for a consultation (801) 997-9534